The Hospital Auxiliary's fundraising efforts contribute to a number of vital projects and purchases each year.
Auxiliary donations are allocated as needed for improvement projects. A sample of past projects includes:
- Staff education and nursing scholarships
- Leadership gift for the Lloyd J. Kellam, III, M.D. Heart Center at the new RSMH
- Training equipment including an infant-sized mannequin for maternity
- Patient room comforts including ICU beds, bariatric beds and wheelchairs, sleeper chairs for guests and rocking chairs for maternity rooms
- Operating room equipment and lighting
- Updated equipment including mammography machines, pathology microscope, colonoscope, ultrasound equipment and cardiac rehabilitation treadmill and bicycle
- Refurbishment of non-clinical areas such as the hospital's main lobby, surgery waiting area, medical/surgical floors' waiting areas and the room designated for Hospice patients
- Leadership funding for the 2003 Riverside Shore Cancer Center in Nasswadox. This building will soon be renovated to house primary care and urgent care.
- Leadership funding for the relocated Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital in Onancock.
- A state-of-the-art vascular ultrasound to spot vascular disease that can lead to stroke, pulmonary embolism, and other life-threatening conditions.
The Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital Auxiliary is an impressive team of dedicated volunteers. To learn more about volunteering with RSMH Auxiliary, click here.