We want you to have the best labor and delivery experience possible. Our new labor and delivery facilities at Riverside Regional Medical Center and Riverside Shore Memorial are designed to accommodate the birthing options you desire, in a setting that safe and comfortable.
Our Antepartum Unit
If you need to be admitted to the hospital prior to your expected delivery date, you will be welcomed into an antepartum room. This specialized unit specifically cares for women during their pregnancy. This includes high-risk pregnancies, and for women that have complications arise during pregnancy. Located directly in the Labor and Delivery area, the Antepartum area has four spacious family centered rooms with refrigerators and tables to share a meal with family and friends, along with TV and DVD player in each room.
Our labor and Delivery suites are located on the 2 nd floor of the main tower. The unit has 12 labor and delivery (LDR) rooms along with a three bed OB Emergency / Triage rooms. Labor and delivery also has two state of the art operating suites, a two bed post-anesthesia care unit and a pre-op room for scheduled procedures.
- Spacious rooms
- 24/7 visitation for family and friends *
- Free Wi-Fi
- Room service
- Two private in room labor tubs for hydrotherapy use, or showers in all other rooms
- Ambient lighting in all rooms for increased comfort measures
- Surround sound in all rooms via patient's music device through an AV cable
- Pink-noise in each room helps minimize outside noise
- Wireless fetal monitoring, allowing moms to move freely during labor and for easy of monitoring
- Access to birthing balls, including peanut balls to aid in the labor process
- Immediate skin to skin for mom & baby bonding
- Family centered C-section (cesarean) birth
- 24/7 Anesthesia coverage
- Vein illumination technology to help with difficult IV placement
- Level III NICU with Nicview cameras to see your baby ,whether at home or in the hospital
- 24/7 Neonatology
We understand that it is an exciting time in not only the expecting parent's lives but everyone who knows the family. In order to keep our patients and babies safe welimit to four people in the labor suite at one time. Here is our visitor policy:
- Visitor's lounge outside of labor & delivery so visitors can take turns if needed
- May be restricted to two or less if patient condition warrants
- C-section (cesarean) births are limited to one visitor
- Doulas and birth photographers are counted as a visitor
Pictures / Videotaping / Live-streaming
Many families take pictures and videos at the delivery, but please discuss any detailed plans with your physician prior to your delivery date, and with your labor and delivery nurse upon arrival.
- Photographs are permitted
- Videotaping of the birth is not permitted
- Live streaming is not permitted
- No photographs of staff should be taken without their permission
- You may be asked to stop videotaping or taking photographs, if patient condition changes
- Birth photographers are permitted, however they are counted as a visitor and included in the total amount of visitors allowed
If you arrive Monday - Friday, between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.:
We have complimentary valet service at the Main Entrance. A member of the valet staff will greet you there. Your visitors can also use the free valet service.
If you arrive on the weekends, or before 7:00 a.m. or after 5:00 p.m. on a weekday:
Valet services are not available during these slower times, so please feel free to park wherever most convenient in any of the Patient/Visitor parking areas. There is a Riverside Shuttle that can transport you to the Main Entrance from the parking areas on Riverside Regional Medical Center campus.
And, if you arrive between 9:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.:
Our Main Entrance is usually locked overnight. Simply press and release the call button that you'll see at the Main Entrance to tell the person that you are here to have your baby.
|For more information: Riverside Regional Medical Center Campus Map and Other Medical Center Maps.|
When you enter the Main Lobby, please go directly to Labor and Delivery, located on the second floor. You'll take the elevators from the Main Lobby to the second floor and follow the signs to Labor and Delivery. One of our team members will assist you to your room. A team member will visit you in Labor and Delivery to complete your registration details. We encourage all expectant moms to pre-register before your delivery day.
Some women manage the discomfort of labor by using prepared childbirth techniques, the birthing ball, warm showers, and/or systemic medication administered through an IV.
Other women choose to have epidural analgesia. This is a commonly used method to provide complete relief from the pain of labor or C-Section (cesarean) birth. It involves an injection into the epidural space through your lower back. Riverside Regional Medical Center is the only Peninsula hospital to offer obstetrical anesthesia coverage 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can speak to one of our anesthesiologists during your stay in Labor & Delivery.
|For more information: Visit Tours, Programs and Classes.|
Our staff will not release information about your progress over the phone due to HIPAA. You can personally update your family from the privacy of your own room.