Your doctor may recommend physical therapy as a course of treatment when dealing with an orthopedic condition.
Each Riverside physical therapist is a licensed professional trained to work with patients who have sustained a wide variety of injuries, disabilities or impairments. You'll work with your physical therapist at one of our Physical Therapy centers on an outpatient basis.
Depending on your injury, you and your therapist may work on one or more of the following treatments:
- Heat therapy
- Cold therapy
- Nerve stimulation
- Massage therapy
- Splint creation for prevention or corrections of injury
- Exercises to stretch and strengthen muscles
- Exercises to improve posture
- Training in the performance of daily life skills using adapted methods and equipment
- Bandages to help control swelling
- TractionSensory re-education after nerve injury
Part of your physical therapy is education, so you can learn how to avoid further injuries. Or, you may learn how to wrap your painful joint to protect it from further injury. In the case of arthritis, you'll be taught strategies for living with reduced mobility and exercises to keep your supporting muscles strong.