Our Services and Programs
Our services span all stages of diagnosis, treatment and support and we are the only local health system to offer such comprehensive care. Through innovative programs, 3D visuals and the latest neurological diagnostic technology, such as open and closed MRI and the 128-slice CT scanner, we provide world class medical, surgical, radiosurgical (knifeless surgery), rehabilitative and continuing care treatment to patients with neurological diseases or conditions, as well as those suffering from brain cancer, injury or trauma.
Our highly trained neurosurgeons utilize the latest technologies for spinal and cranial surgery, which includes multi-dimensional surgical imaging.
- Spine surgery - Our neurosurgeons perform many types of intricate spinal surgery, including fusion, laminectomy and discectomy. These procedures use varying surgical techniques designed to alleviate pressure on the nerves in an attempt to reduce pain in the patient's back, neck or limbs.
- Cranial surgery - Our surgeons perform many brain surgeries throughout the year, both with and without navigation. We are currently the only hospital on the Virginia Peninsula with emergency cranial surgery capabilities.
Riverside's esteemed neurovascular team offers a comprehensive range of neurovascular surgery including minimally invasive treatments for stroke, aneurysms and vascular malformations of the brain and spine. As part of Riverside's extensive neurosciences capabilities, the neurovascular team features highly skilled and experienced fellowship-trained interventional radiologists and neurosurgeons, prepared to step in within minutes.
Strokes, traumatic brain injuries and other neurological conditions can impair your ability to perform activities in the same way you did in the past. Helping patients restore or maintain independence is an integral part of our multidisciplinary approach to neurosciences.
Other conditions and services
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Muscle and temporal artery biopsy
- Ulnar neuropathy
- EMG/NCS testing
- Nerve conduction studies
- Quantitative sensory testing
- Pain and spasticity pump management