Volunteering with Riverside Regional Medical Center is a rewarding experience with many opportunities. As a volunteer, you will interact and assist with patients, become a part of a great hospital family and work with others to help make a difference in our community. Our volunteers work with the public, assist visitors and support members of the health care team throughout the hospital.
View volunteer opportunities
View your schedule
Apply now to volunteer
Volunteer your summer
As a volunteer with Riverside, you are in control of your hours. Please complete the online application and review our requirements:
- The Riverside volunteer program requires individual dedication.
- The application process includes a personal interview, universal background check, flu shot, tuberculosis screenings and completion of the volunteer orientation.
- Volunteers must agree to maintain a regular schedule at least four shifts, which is a minimum of 16 hours per month.
- Volunteers who want to be part of our Compassionate Companions program also have to complete the required No One Dies Alone training.
Contact us at 757-594-2044 for more information and upcoming orientation dates.
You're invited to our vendor fairs
The community is invited to our vendor fairs. All proceeds benefit the Riverside Make a Difference Fund. Click here to download the schedule (PDF).
High school volunteer program
The application period for our Summer Only Youth Program is now open. This program invites local teens to experience the world of health care as junior volunteers. Applications will be accepted until May 1, 2020.
Who can apply: This program is open to high school students between the ages of 14 and 18. (You must be 14 by by June 15.) You also must meet the requirements of the application process, including being in good academic standing and having parental consent. You will also be required to attend the mandatory orientation.
Application period: Our application window opens March 1, 2020, with a deadline of May 1 to submit all materials.
How to apply:
- Complete the Junior Volunteer application online.
- Print and review the guidelines and documents in our Guidelines for the Junior Volunteer Program. You must complete and return the required forms at your interview.
Questions: Call our Volunteer Services department at 757-594-2044.
Riverside Regional Medical Center
500 J. Clyde Morris Blvd.
Newport News, VA 23601