How To Apply for the 2019 Match:
- We only accept electronic applications (ERAS) NRMP. Please do not submit applications by e-mail or fax. These applications will be discarded. We do not use LinkedIn. All invitations will be deleted. We do not review any documents received outside ERAS and do not respond to requests for pre-screening of credentials prior to applying to ERAS.
- Fourteen (14) PGY-1 positions are available : NRMP Match Program # 173920. Our ACGME program code is 120-51-31-323 an program description is Categorical.
- The deadline to submit your application through ERAS is December 1. You are welcome to apply after the deadline, but depending on the number of applications received, we cannot guarantee that your application will be reviewed by the Selection Committee in time to set up an interview.
- Our program will be interviewing from Monday, October 29, 2018 through Friday, January 19, 2019.
- We will not be interviewing November 22-23, 2018 (Thanksgiving ) or December 19, 2018 -January 1, 2019 (Christmas/New Year).
- We do not sponsor Visa's. Please Note: J-1 visas are not sponsored by the ECFMG. More information (PDF)
- We do not offer observerships or externships.
- The criteria for applying to our program is the same for both U.S. and International graduates.
- We do participate in the Couples Match
A completed ERAS application for our residency consists of:
- Completed Common ERAS Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation written within the past year by U.S. Physicians you have worked with clinically. Letters must be written on the physician's letterhead stationary. Letters written on plain paper will not be accepted.
- Personal Statement explaining why you want to go into family medicine.
- Head Photo (passport type) picture taken within the past six months and reflects how you look now.
- Medical School Timeframe – You must be enrolled in or have graduated from an accredited medical school within the last four years – 2014 to present.
- Board Scores: There is no minimum score requirement but Step/Part I and Step/Part 2 of the USMLE or COMLEX must be passed by your second attempt. For applicants who are granted an interview but are still in medical school and have not taken Part I or Part II (CK and CS), please note that these steps must be passed and reported to ERAS by the first of February, in order to be ranked.
- Dean’s Letter
- Medical School Transcript
- ECFMG Certificate, if applicable
Minimum Requirements for Consideration:
- Two months minimum of Clinical Rotations in the United States within the last 2 years precepted by a licensed allopathic or osteopathic physician. Clinical Rotations must consist of:
- Direct contact with patients
- Independent histories and physical examinations
- Development of differential diagnoses
- Identification of relevant clinical findings
- Formulation of management plans
Observerships or Externships which do not include the above "clinical rotation description" will not be accepted. Observerships/Externships must be hands on experience.
The Selection Committee looks at your application as a whole. It is not accepted or declined just by your board scores.
Additional Requirements for Appointment and Employment at Riverside Regional Medical Center:
- Immunizations: (records are not part of application, but would need to be presented if Matched with program by the end of April)
- Measles, Mumps, &Rubella:
* Proof of immunity to Rubella Rubeola and Mumps
- Hepatitis B Vaccine:
* Series Completed/Date or Series in Progress/Dates* Documented declination of vaccine before you can be put on the Match List
- Varicella (Chicken Pox):
Validate Varicella Titer or 2 Vaccines
Documented negative result on screening exam within current year.
- Measles, Mumps, &Rubella:
All potential employees are subject to a criminal background check and cannot be employed unless this is satisfactory.
All potential employees are subject to a drug screening check and cannot be employed unless this is satisfactory.
- Interns must attend Orientation Classes in June 2019, unless they can present documentation of current certification as of June 27, 2919 for BLS (Basic Life Support), ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support), PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support), NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Pulmonary), and ALSO (Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics).
All interns must be ready to start employment on June 27, 2019. Applicants who match with our program but are not able to begin employment on June 27, 2019 are subject to immediate dismissal.
Adapted from Riverside Regional Medical Center, Riverside Family Medicine Appointment Policy October 2nd, 2007. These guidelines are subject to change. The above are minimal requirements for being considered as an applicant to the program. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee an invitation for an interview. For additional information, go to www.riverside.vcu.edu.