Your Personal Health Team - Your role as a member
You are at the center of your Personal Health Team, with care built around your needs and wishes.
Be an active team player:
- Talk with your Personal Health Team about your health questions. Share the successes and the challenges you've had with health care in the past.
- Tell your team about other health care professionals who care for you.
- Tell your team how you feel about the care you are getting from them.
Take care of your health:
- Follow the health care plan you and your team have worked out.
- Make sure you understand how to follow the plan.
- Set goals you can reach. Once you begin to see results, you and your team can discuss adding new goals.
Talk openly with your team:
- If you are having trouble following your care plan or if you feel your care plan is not working, tell your team about it. Together you and your team can make changes if needed.