Your Personal Health Team - What it does for you
The health care system can be confusing. Many people visit many doctors and feel lost in the system. Your Personal Health Team will listen to your questions and will help you find your way.
Your Personal Health Team will know you and your family. They will help you manage your total health care and will help answer your health-related questions.
- Your team will work with other medical experts. For example, if you need to see a specialist, your team will follow up with your specialist to make sure you get the care you need.
- Using an electronic health record, your team will track your health information.
- Your Personal Health Team will have convenient office hours to help you get an appointment at a time that works for you.
- For after hours care, your Personal Health Team will offer alternatives; for instance, an on-call physician and urgent care referrals.
- Together you and your team will develop a personalized health care plan based on mutual goals and the latest medical evidence.