Riverside Academy provides a safe and structured, positive learning environment where we help students discover their talents and potential. We believe in setting high expectations so all students can feel empowered to become productive, healthy members of society. Our goal is to help students return to a less restrictive environment with the tools necessary to become successful contributing members of society.
We are a private on-site school. Our students come from a variety of educational backgrounds such as public and private schools and acute hospitalizations. We believe every student has the potential for growth, development and change.
- Grades six to 12
- Small pupil to teacher ratio of 10:1
- On-site licensed Principal
- Teachers fully licensed in the area of Special Education
- 9 a.m.-3:15 p.m. school day
- Opportunities to earn high school credits in core subjects
- Educational assessments
- Participation in Standards of Learning (SOLs)
- Activity therapy and physical education
- Art therapy
- Individual and group counseling
- State approved individual student alternative education plan (ISAEP) designed to obtain a GED
Parents, legal guardians and community agencies are partners in the education process. If you have any questions about our school, please contact our principal:
Janet Harper, Ed.S.