Our adolescent residential treatment program provides long-term intensive treatment for those boys and girls ages 12 through 17 whose psychological and emotional difficulties have not been stabilized through outpatient or acute services.
We provide a safe, structured, home-like living environment.
- Programming encourages the individual to focus on their issues, explore untapped resources, develop a sense of self-worth and nurture healthy, positive relationships with others.
- Therapy is designed to assist the individual and family to cope with emotional, behavioral, or psychological problems from a variety of issues including abuse and neglect.
- We believe that every child and adolescent has the potential for growth, development, and change in an environment that is attentive, validating, consistent, calm, predictable, caring, safe and empathetic.
- Earning points/ levels through positive behavior, accomplishing challenges, taking responsibility, and self reliance
- Providing direction, support and new problem-solving skills while learning to cope with life issues
- Providing programs that are developmentally appropriate
- Being involved with families and community agencies throughout the placement
Creative and individualized treatment is determined by the Interdisciplinary Treatment Team, led by our Board certified child psychiatrist.
- Adolescent Services Team
- Components of our residential treatment program
- Dialectical behavioral therapy - Video
Educational instruction is geared to the individual's needs by highly skilled, licensed educators in our fully-licensed, on-site school called Riverside Academy.