Dietician's Tip: If you can't find whole-grain flatbread, use a whole-grain pita or tortilla.
- 4 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 ounces plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 piece flatbread (about 2 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped spinach (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 small cucumber, sliced (about 2 ounces)
- Coarse chopped basil, to taste
Season chicken with spices and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium high (or turn on broiler). Grill or broil chicken about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature is 165 F. Let cool.
Slice chicken and toss with yogurt. Build wrap with flatbread, sliced chicken and yogurt, spinach, cucumber, and basil.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: 1 wrap
- Calories 343
- Cholesterol 85 mg
- Monounsaturated fat 1 g
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Sodium 378 mg
- Total carbohydrate 29 g
- Dietary fiber 9 g
- Protein 41 g
- Serving size 1 wrap
- Total fat 6 g