Dietician's Tip: The slightly tangy taste of the rye flour perfectly complements the sweetness of the filling and keeps the added sugar to just over 1 teaspoon a serving.
- 1 sweet potato (about 1/4 pound), peeled, cooked
- 1 buttercup squash (about 2 1/2 pounds), peeled, seeded, cooked
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup rye flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each clove, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 frozen pre-made 9-inch pie shell
Heat oven to 300 F.
Puree sweet potato and squash in food processor. Place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix together until smooth and well-combined.
Place pie shell on sheet pan. Pour mixture into pie shell and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until the internal temperature is 180 F.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: 1/8 of pie
- Calories 210
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Monounsaturated fat 3 g
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Sodium 109 mg
- Total carbohydrate 34 g
- Dietary fiber 4 g
- Protein 5 g
- Serving size 1/8 of pie
- Total fat 6 g