Dietician's Tip: Unlike their oil-packed kin, dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes must be reconstituted before use. Put them in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak until the tomatoes are soft and pliable, about 5 minutes, then drain.
- 1 12-inch prepared pizza crust, purchased or made from a mix
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped or minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in water to rehydrate, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
Heat the oven to 425 F. Lightly coat a 12-inch round baking pan with cooking spray.
Roll out dough and press into the baking pan. Arrange garlic, cheese and tomatoes on top of the pizza crust. Sprinkle basil and thyme evenly over pizza.
Bake on the lowest rack of the oven until the pizza crust turns brown and the toppings are hot, about 20 minutes.
Cut the pizza into 8 equal slices and serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: 2 slices
- Calories 216
- Cholesterol 7 mg
- Monounsaturated fat Trace
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Sodium 283 mg
- Total carbohydrate 33 g
- Dietary fiber 4 g
- Protein 9 g
- Serving size 2 slices
- Total fat 5 g