Dietician's Tip: This is a light version of traditional shrimp salad (without mayo) and is filling enough to be considered an entree.
- 4 ounces whole-wheat bow tie or other pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 8 ounces raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts, drained from can or thawed and cut into bite-sized pieces if frozen
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cook pasta according to directions. When the pasta is done, scoop out 1 cup of the pasta water and reserve. Drain and rinse pasta.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shrimp. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until shrimp turns pink.
Add peas, artichoke hearts and 1/3 cup of reserved pasta water. Lower heat to medium. Cover and cook for an additional minute.
Add cooked pasta, green onions, lemon juice and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
Add more cooking water if the pasta is too dry. Serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 240
- Cholesterol 70 mg
- Monounsaturated fat 2 g
- Saturated fat 0.5 g
- Sodium 555 mg
- Total carbohydrate 35 g
- Dietary fiber 7 g
- Protein 16 g
- Serving size 1 1/2 cups
- Total fat 4 g