Dietician's Tip: For convenience, use roasted red peppers from a jar in this recipe. However, roasting peppers yourself is more flavorful. Roast whole red peppers over the grill (or under a broiler) until skins are black, turning frequently. Place into a paper bag to cool. Remove blackened skins and seeds.
- 1/4 cup fat-free feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free blue cheese dressing
- 2 whole roasted red peppers, divided in half, with each half cut into strips
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil plus 4 small leaves for garnish
In a small bowl, combine the feta cheese and the blue cheese dressing. Stir to mix evenly.
Arrange the equivalent of 1/2 red pepper in the center of 4 small serving plates. Drizzle each serving with 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the feta cheese-blue cheese mixture. Sprinkle black pepper and 1/2 tablespoon chopped basil over the salad. Garnish each with a basil leaf and serve at room temperature.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: Half a roasted pepper
- Calories 77
- Cholesterol 1 mg
- Monounsaturated fat 3 g
- Saturated fat 0.5 g
- Sodium 180 mg
- Total carbohydrate 6 g
- Dietary fiber 1.5 g
- Protein 2 g
- Serving size Half a roasted pepper
- Total fat 5 g