Dietician's Tip: You can double the recipe and use the extra dough to make breadsticks or flatbread. The dough can be refrigerated for up to 24 hours before baking.
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons barley flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten
- 1 tablespoon oats
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups sliced tomatoes (about 3 tomatoes)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped raw spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 black olives thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
To make dough, dissolve yeast in warm water, let sit 5 minutes. Mix dry ingredients together. Add oil and water-yeast mixture. Knead for 10-15 minutes for best texture. An electric mixer is helpful, but not necessary.
Let dough rise for a minimum of 1 hour.
Heat oven to 450 F. Roll out dough on floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Place dough on baking sheet or pizza peel. Top with tomatoes, spinach, basil, oregano, garlic, sliced olives and crumbled feta cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese melts and crust is crisp.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: 1 slice (1/4th of pizza)
- Calories 233
- Cholesterol 12 mg
- Monounsaturated fat 3 g
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Sodium 274 mg
- Total carbohydrate 29 g
- Dietary fiber 6 g
- Protein 9 g
- Serving size 1 slice (1/4th of pizza)
- Total fat 9 g