Dietician's Tip: This easy dish is great as a dip or a spread for sandwiches or wraps.
- 1 avocado, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup canned no-salt-added beans (black or pinto), drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, chipotle or ancho chili powder (optional)
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
In a medium bowl, mix avocado, beans, cumin, lime juice and cayenne pepper. Add chopped tomato and shallot and stir to combine. Serve.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: About 1/4 cup
- Calories 59
- Cholesterol 0 g
- Monounsaturated fat 2 g
- Saturated fat < 0.5 g
- Sodium 25 mg
- Total carbohydrate 6 g
- Dietary fiber 3 g
- Protein 2 g
- Serving size About 1/4 cup
- Total fat 3 g
Last Updated: 03-22-2019
© 1998-2019 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved. A single copy of these materials may be reprinted for noncommercial personal use only. "Mayo," "Mayo Clinic," "MayoClinic.com," "Mayo Clinic Health Information," "Reliable information for a healthier life" and the triple-shield Mayo logo are trademarks of Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research.