Dietician's Tip: Substituting ground turkey breast for ground beef reduces the fat and calories in this recipe.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup dried plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 whole-grain buns
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- 2 bibb lettuce leaves, halved
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
Combine the ground turkey breast, bread crumbs, chopped onion, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce in a large bowl. Mix well. Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions and form into patties.
Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.
Grill burgers until browned on both sides and heated through, about 7 minutes a side. Serve each burger on a bun topped with 1 tomato slice, 1 onion slice, 1/2 lettuce leaf and a dollop of fat-free mayonnaise.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: 1 prepared burger
- Calories 296
- Cholesterol 56 mg
- Monounsaturated fat Trace
- Saturated fat 1 g
- Sodium 389 mg
- Total carbohydrate 30 g
- Dietary fiber 4 g
- Protein 35 g
- Serving size 1 prepared burger
- Total fat 4 g