Dietician's Tip: Cod has a mild flavor and flaky white flesh.
- 8 ounces cod
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 1/2 cups shredded kohlrabi
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (about 4 large cloves) or to taste
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 large grapefruit cut into segments (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium orange cut into segments (about 1/2 cup)
- Black pepper to taste
Spray a grill or broiler pan with cooking spray. Turn on grill or heat broiler. Place cod on grill or broiler pan and brush lightly with oil.
Grill or broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for about 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. The fish should reach an internal temperature of 145 F. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together remaining ingredients except for grapefruit and orange segments. Divide salad between two plates. Top with cod and citrus pieces and black pepper to taste.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: 3 ounces cod and about 4 cups salad
- Calories 412
- Cholesterol 47 mg
- Monounsaturated fat 8 g
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Sodium 236 mg
- Total carbohydrate 50 g
- Dietary fiber 13 g
- Protein 26 g
- Serving size 3 ounces cod and about 4 cups salad
- Total fat 12 g