Dietician's Tip: The outermost layer of the lemon, called the zest, is full of essential oils. Remove the zest by grating it with the fine rasps of a hand-held grater.
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes
- 1 1/2 cups green seedless grapes
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
In a small bowl, combine sour cream, powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Whisk to mix evenly. Cover and chill for several hours.
Divide grapes equally among 6 stemmed dessert glasses or bowls. Add a dollop of sauce to each dish and top with 1/2 tablespoon of chopped walnuts. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: 1/2 cup grapes and topping
- Calories 106
- Cholesterol 2 mg
- Monounsaturated fat 0.5 g
- Saturated fat Trace
- Sodium 32 mg
- Total carbohydrate 208 g
- Dietary fiber 1 g
- Protein 2 g
- Serving size 1/2 cup grapes and topping
- Total fat 2 g