Dietician's Tip: Haven't tried soy? This recipe is a good start.
- 2 cups ground soy crumbles
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) no-salt-added kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup slightly broken baked tortilla chips (about 1 ounce)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
Place meatless ground crumbles, corn, chili powder, kidney beans, tomato sauce and water in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle with tortilla chips and cheese. Cover and let set for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: About 3/4 cup
- Calories 295
- Cholesterol 10 mg
- Monounsaturated fat 1 g
- Saturated fat 2.5 g
- Sodium 252 mg
- Total carbohydrate 39 g
- Dietary fiber 12 g
- Protein 19 g
- Serving size About 3/4 cup
- Total fat 7 g