Dietician's Tip: If you don't have spinach, swap in broccoli, asparagus, green beans or sauteed kale.
- 4 chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
- 2 ounces sliced Canadian bacon
- 1 cup sauteed spinach
Heat oven to 400 F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. In another small bowl, add the egg substitute.
Pound out each chicken breast to an even thickness with a meat mallet and lay flat on a cutting board. Place 1/2 ounce slice of cheese on each chicken breast, followed by a 1/2 ounce slice of Canadian bacon and 1/4 cup of sauteed spinach.
Roll up each breast tightly. Dip in egg substitute and then coat in the bread crumb mixture. Place coated breasts on the baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 F.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: 1 3-ounce breast
- Calories 282
- Cholesterol 103 mg
- Monounsaturated fat 2 g
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Sodium 527 mg
- Total carbohydrate 13 g
- Dietary fiber 2 g
- Protein 38 g
- Serving size 1 3-ounce breast
- Total fat 8 g
- Dairy foods (low-fat or fat-free) 1/2
- Grains and grain products 1/2
- Meats, poultry and fish 3 1/2
- Vegetables 1/2
- Carbohydrates 1/2
- Protein and dairy 2
- Vegetables 1/2
- Fats 1/2
- Meat and meat substitutes 4
- Nonstarchy vegetables 1/2