Dietician's Tip: Instead of using canned chicken, you can substitute roasted chicken breast (boneless, skinless), which has about a third less sodium.
- 1 can (5 ounces) chunky white meat chicken packed in water, drained
- 3/4 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free Caesar dressing
- 1 whole-wheat pita
In a small bowl, add the chicken, lettuce, tomato, Parmesan cheese and Caesar dressing. Toss to mix evenly. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Cut the pita in half. Fill each half with the chicken mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: 1 pita half
- Calories 274
- Cholesterol 65 mg
- Monounsaturated fat 2 g
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Sodium 622 mg
- Total carbohydrate 27 g
- Dietary fiber 4 g
- Protein 28 g
- Serving size 1 pita half
- Total fat 6 g