Dietician's Tip: Avocados are a good source of monounsaturated fat and lutein, which may protect vision.
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
Cut eggs lengthwise and remove yolks. Set aside half the yolks in bowl and discard the others.
In a medium bowl combine egg yolks, avocado, lime juice, mayonnaise, half of the parsley, cayenne pepper and garlic. Spoon mixture into egg whites and garnish with other half of chopped parsley.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: 2 halves
- Calories 97
- Cholesterol 93 mg
- Monounsaturated fat 4 g
- Saturated fat 1.5 g
- Sodium 126 mg
- Total carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary fiber 2 g
- Protein 5 g
- Serving size 2 halves
- Total fat 7 g