Dietician's Tip: Using fat-free instead of full-fat cream cheese cuts about 50 calories and 4 grams of mostly saturated fat from each serving.
- 8 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- 4 medium or 8 small apples, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
Remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator to allow it to soften, about 5 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, vanilla and cream cheese. Mix until smooth. Stir in chopped peanuts.
Place sliced apples in another bowl. Drizzle orange juice over the apples to prevent browning. Drain the sliced apples and serve with the dip.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: 1/2 medium apple and 2 tablespoons of dip
- Calories 118
- Cholesterol 3 mg
- Monounsaturated fat 1 g
- Saturated fat 0.5 g
- Sodium 202 mg
- Total carbohydrate 19 g
- Dietary fiber 2.5 g
- Protein 6 g
- Serving size 1/2 medium apple and 2 tablespoons of dip
- Total fat 2 g