The slightly tangy taste of the rye flour perfectly complements the sweetness of the filling and keeps the added sugar to just over 1 teaspoon a serving.
- 1 sweet potato (about 1/4 pound), peeled, cooked
- 1 buttercup squash (about 2 1/2 pounds), peeled, seeded, cooked
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup rye flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each clove, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 frozen pre-made 9-inch pie shell
Heat oven to 300 F.
Puree sweet potato and squash in food processor. Place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix together until smooth and well-combined.
Place pie shell on sheet pan. Pour mixture into pie shell and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until the internal temperature is 180 F.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Total carbohydrate: 34 g
- Dietary fiber: 4 g
- Sodium: 109 mg
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3 g
- Total fat: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Protein: 5 g
- Calories: 210