You can use leftover turkey in place of ground turkey in this hearty soup.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) unsalted diced tomatoes
- 3 cubes low-sodium chicken bouillon
- 7 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) unsalted cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
In a large saucepan, cook the ground turkey, onion, celery and garlic until the vegetables are softened and the turkey is cooked.
Add the ketchup, tomatoes, bouillon, water, basil, pepper, cabbage and beans.
Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Total carbohydrate: 30 g
- Dietary fiber: 10 g
- Sodium: 204 mg
- Saturated fat: < 1 g
- Monounsaturated fat: Trace
- Total fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 37 mg
- Protein: 26 g
- Calories: 242