This robust sauce is traditionally served over pasta, but here it's served over brown rice.
- 4 cups chopped ripe plum tomatoes
- 4 Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 4 green olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, capers, garlic and oil. Add the basil, parsley and red pepper flakes, stirring to combine.
Cover and let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over cooked rice.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Total carbohydrate: 44 g
- Dietary fiber: 5 g
- Sodium: 182 mg
- Saturated fat: 1 g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4 g
- Total fat: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Protein: 5 g
- Calories: 250