This is a great alternative to traditional chili.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 package reduced-sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1 15-ounce can unsalted black beans, rinsed under running water and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen pepper stir-fry vegetables (onions and green, red and yellow peppers), chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
Spray a 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken to the skillet; cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Add the seasoning mix, beans, corn, stir-fry mix and water. Cook over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Stir frequently until the sauce is slightly thickened and the chicken is no longer pink.
Top with cheese and serve.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Total carbohydrate: 40 g
- Dietary fiber: 10 g
- Sodium: 750 mg
- Saturated fat: 4 g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1 g
- Total fat: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 98 mg
- Protein: 40 g
- Calories: 392