Fresno peppers are similar in size to jalapeno peppers. They add a bit of heat to this salsa. Use this salsa in the traditional way or as a topping for grilled fish or chicken.
- 2 mangoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 small red onion, minced (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 3 red Fresno peppers, minced (about 1/3 cup)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Serving size: About 2/3 cup
- Total carbohydrate: 15 g
- Dietary fiber: 2 g
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Saturated fat: 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5 g
- Total fat: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Protein: 1 g
- Calories: 100
Last Updated: 2013-03-01
© 1998-2016 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.