This easy dish is great as a dip or a spread for sandwiches or wraps.
- 1 avocado, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup canned beans (black or pinto), drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, chipotle or ancho chili powder (optional)
- 1 large ripe tomato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1/4 cup)
In a medium bowl, mix avocado, beans, cumin, lime juice and cayenne pepper. Add chopped tomato and shallot and stir to combine. Serve.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Serving size: About 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons)
- Total carbohydrate: 6 g
- Dietary fiber: 2 g
- Sodium: 4 mg
- Saturated fat: < 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2 g
- Total fat: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Calories: 59
Last Updated: 2013-02-14
© 1998-2016 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.