Mangoes are high in vitamin C. If you chop the mango more finely, this recipe may also be used as a dip or as a topping for fish or chicken.
- 3 ripe mangoes, pitted and cubed
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Half of 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Toss just before serving.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
Serving size: About 1/2 cup
- Total carbohydrate: 16 g
- Dietary fiber: 2 g
- Sodium: 10 mg
- Saturated fat: Trace
- Monounsaturated fat: Trace
- Total fat: Trace
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Protein: 1 g
- Calories: 68
Last Updated: 2015-06-20
© 1998-2016 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER). All rights reserved.