This sweet and nutty salad is an excellent source of vitamin C, folate and manganese.
- 4 packed cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh, or frozen, blueberries
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, or cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (can be omitted)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
In a large salad bowl, toss together spinach, strawberries, blueberries, onion and pecans.
In a jar with a tightfitting lid, combine dressing ingredients. Shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Total carbohydrate: 25 g
- Dietary fiber: 4 g
- Sodium: 198 mg
- Saturated fat: 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3 g
- Total fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Protein: 4 g
- Calories: 158