Balsamic vinegar adds vibrant flavor to this salad and only a smidgen of fat and sodium.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each about 5 ounces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained except for 2 tablespoons juice
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cut each chicken breast into cubes. In a large, nonstick frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes. In a large serving bowl, combine the cooked chicken, pineapple chunks, broccoli, spinach and onions.
To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, reserved pineapple juice, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Pour over the salad. Toss gently to coat evenly. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Total carbohydrate: 7 g
- Dietary fiber: 1 g
- Sodium: 50 mg
- Saturated fat: 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7 g
- Total fat: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 51 mg
- Protein: 17 g
- Calories: 186