The colorful outermost layer of the lemon, called the zest, is full of essential oils that contribute lively flavor and aroma to this sour cream sauce. Remove the zest by grating it with the fine rasps of a hand-held grater to form fine particles.
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups red seedless grapes
- 1 1/2 cups green seedless grapes
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
In a small bowl, combine sour cream, powdered sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla. Whisk to mix evenly. Cover and chill for several hours.
Divide grapes equally among 6 stemmed dessert glasses or bowls. Add 2 tablespoons of the lemon topping to each dish. Sprinkle each serving with 1/2 tablespoon of chopped walnuts. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Total carbohydrate: 18 g
- Dietary fiber: 1 g
- Sodium: 38 mg
- Saturated fat: trace
- Monounsaturated fat: 1/2 g
- Total fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Protein: 2 g
- Calories: 98