Ounce for ounce, mandarin oranges have about 40 percent less vitamin C than oranges do, but they have nearly three times the vitamin A (carotene).
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8.25 ounces) water-packed sliced peaches, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) water-packed pineapple chunks, drained
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted
In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and vanilla. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat until smooth.
In a separate bowl, combine the oranges, peaches and pineapple. Add the cream cheese mixture and fold together. Cover and refrigerate until well-chilled.
Transfer to a serving bowl or individual bowls. Garnish with shredded coconut and serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (per serving)
- Total carbohydrate: 27 g
- Dietary fiber: 2 g
- Sodium: 215 mg
- Saturated fat: 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0 g
- Total fat: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg
- Protein: 7 g
- Calories: 154