The Jean Raines Family Scholarship program was established by Riverside Health System and the family of Jean Raines. Its purpose is to allow and encourage the children and grandchildren of Riverside Health System employees to pursue educational goals that support both personal and professional development. Scholarship funds are not limited to health care fields but incorporate all areas of educational pursuit.
- Jean Raines Family Scholarship - Guidelines and Application
- Jean Raines Family Scholarship recipients
About Jean Raines
Jean Raines, Vice President of Education, was part of the Riverside Health System team for over 40 years until her passing on June 5, 2002. She had a meaningful career of teaching and helping others and a small, close knit family that loved her immensely.
Her commitment to lifelong learning and education is evident in her numerous accomplishments including:
- Diploma and Scholastic Award from Memorial Hospital School of Nursing in Danville, Virginia
- BS, Magna Cum Laude from Christopher Newport University
- Master of Public Administration from Troy State University.
In 1998, the National Health Care Association implemented the "Take the Raines" Award in her honor. She also served in the Association for the Society of Healthcare Educators & Trainers, and was elected president in 1980.
Other awards include:
- The Distinguished Service Award
- Patricia R. Haynes Mentorship Award
- American Society for Health Care Education & Training Fellow
- Editorial Board for the "Riverside Nurse" magazine for 18 years
- American Society for Health Care Education and Training, Board of Directors
- Who's Who in American Nursing (Inaugural Edition, 1984)
- Numerous speaking and presentation awards
|I want to honor the accomplishments of this Riverside individual and help her contributions live on through the dreams of the students helped by this fund by donating online now.|