The strength of our military is legendary. Our military families are strong, too.
Operation Family Caregiver coaches the families of returning service members and veterans to manage the difficulties that come with coming home. OFC is a personalized program, tailored specifically to the struggles of each family. Through proven methods, the program teaches military families the skills needed to best navigate their challenges, resulting in stronger and healthier families. Operation Family Caregiver is a program of the Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving.
Riverside Center for Excellence in Aging and Lifelong Health is honored to be a national certified referral partner of RCI's OFC program.
A quote from one of our OFC participants:
"Thank you for not giving up on me through this entire experience. Words cannot express how grateful I am to you and the Operation Family Caregiver Program. Blessings to you and the Operation Family Caregiver Program."
- Refer a Veteran's Caregiver Online or by phone (toll-free): 888-597-0828
- For more information about OFC in Virginia, contact Kim Kutner, Director of Community Ventures at CEALH, by email or phone at 757-220-4751.
- For more information about OFC in general, visit www.operationfamilycaregiver.org.
- Virginia Veteran and Family Support of the Virginia Department of Veterans Services
- Military and Veterans Affairs, Division of Behavioral Health Community Services, Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services
- The Greater Network of Williamsburg: The Military/Veteran Services; Care Coordination Notebook; Emergency Services; and a Community Calendar.