Our Center is looking to recruit 10 - 20 caregivers for the Dealing with Dementia program, an evidence-informed educational program of the Rosalynn Carter Institute of Caregiving for family caregivers and professional caregivers of those living with dementia to learn supportive resources. There are two different courses offered depending on whether you are caring for a family member or are a professional staff member.
During this four hour program, caregivers will receive:
- The Dealing with Dementia Guide, a 360 page manual designed for caregivers - available in English and Spanish
- Instruction via trained professionals to navigate through the manual when particular information is needed
- Insights from the trained professionals and peers about dementia caregiving – problems, practices, tips, and self-care
UPCOMING PROGRAM DATES & LOCATIONS
Please Note: Please check back here to view updated course offerings for spring, summer and fall of this year.
If you would like to be placed on a waiting list and be contacted when new programs become available you can fill out our Waiting List Registration Form.
Riverside Regional Medical Center
The Round Room
500 J. Clyde Morris Blvd
Newport News, VA 23601
- Saturday November 2, 2019: DWD for Family Caregivers
- Held from 1:00p.m. - 5:00p.m.
- Register Online Now
For more information about the program or to register for an upcoming session, please contact Christy Jensen, Ph.D, at (757) 220-4751 or firstname.lastname@example.org.