The college internship experience at Riverside is designed to give broad exposure to the inner workings of a health care system. It is a combination of mentoring, learning activities, hands-on training and project work.
The Riverside college internship offers:
- Assignment to one department or one area of focus for the duration of up to 10 weeks
- Supervision and mentoring from an experienced Riverside leader
- Training and development meetings in an environment with other interns
- Exposure to Riverside leaders in a variety of fields
Our internships are flexible and permit you to request concentration in specific areas in which you have high interest.
To qualify for a Riverside internship, you must be at least 18 years old and currently enrolled in college in good standing.
Unpaid nonclinical internships
These learning experiences are not directly related to patient care. They may include:
- Business management
- Health services research with adult and older adult populations
- Hospital administration
- Human resources
- Industrial organizational development
- Information systems
- Marketing and communications
- Spring semester: Applications accepted Sept. 1-Nov. 30. Internships are scheduled January to March.
- Summer semester: Applications accepted Jan. 1-March 31. Internships are scheduled June to August.
- Fall semester: Applications accepted April 1-July 31. Internships are scheduled September to November.
Apply now. On your first visit, you will need to create a user name and password.
Learn more by contacting Morgan Roundy, Curriculum and Instruction Coordinator, at 757-240-4707 or Morgan.Roundy@rivhs.com.
Other student opportunities
- Temporary student positions. Learn more by contacting the Talent Recruitment Center at 757-534-5627 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Patient care/clinical internships. Learn more by contacting Kristen Long, Education and Contracts Coordinator, at 757-240-2473 or Kristen.Long@rivhs.com.