The college internship experience at Riverside Health System is designed to give broad exposure to the inner workings of a health care system. It is a combination of:
- learning activities
- hands on training
- project work
The Riverside college internship offers:
- assignment to one department or one area of focus for the duration of up to 10 weeks
- supervision and mentoring from an experienced Riverside leader
- training and development meetings in an environment with other interns
- exposure to Riverside leaders in a variety of fields
Our internships are flexible and permit you to request concentration in specific areas in which you have high interest.
To qualify for a Riverside internship, you must be:
- at least 18 years old
- currently enrolled in college in good standing
Unpaid non-clinical internships
These learning experiences are not directly related to patient care. They may include:
- Business management
- Health services research with adult and older adult populations
- Hospital administration
- Human resources
- Industrial organizational development
- Information systems
- Marketing and communications
- Spring semester: applications accepted Sept. 1 - Nov. 30. Internships are scheduled January - March.
- Summer semester: applications accepted Jan. 1 - March 31. Internships are scheduled June - August.
- Fall semester: applications accepted April 1 - July 31. Internships are scheduled September - November.
- On your first visit, you will need to create a user name and password: Apply now.
Nyla Kimmet, Director Team Member Engagement, 757-534-6433, Nyla.Kimmet@rivhs.com
Other student opportunities
Temporary student positions
Patient care/clinical internships
- Learn more: Cheralynn Shearn, Education Contract Specialist, 757-240-2473, Cheralynn.Shearn@rivhs.com