Riverside Health System provides an innovative learning environment for residents enrolled in the Pharmacy Residency. Located in coastal Virginia, Riverside is a large health system with a 100-year history. Riverside Regional Medical Center is the largest of the hospitals with 450 beds. It features the area's only Level II regional trauma center.
Riverside Regional Medical Center began construction in 2016 on a new addition to the hospital that will add 144 private patient rooms. The addition is projected to be completed in the summer of 2018.
Additional Riverside hospitals include:
- Riverside Behavioral Health Center - psychiatric hospital
- Riverside Doctors' Hospital Williamsburg
- Riverside Rehabilitation Institute
- Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital
- Riverside Tappahannock Hospital
- Riverside Walter Reed Hospital
- Hampton Roads Specialty Hospital - long-term acute care hospital
Community teaching hospital
Riverside Regional Medical Center hosts over 60 medical residents practicing in various specialty areas, allowing for frequent interaction on rotations. Pharmacy residents are incorporated into many of the medical resident teaching opportunities, including Grand Rounds, lunch and learns and academic research day.
Pharmacy school ties
Strong affiliations with pharmacy schools allow us to provide over 100 student rotations annually, and exposure to numerous journal club and student presentations.