NRC Health awarded Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital a 2018 Excellence Award for its performance over the last year in the patient experience. NRC selected Riverside as an elite organization from its national database of hospitals.
Riverside works with NRC Health, a leader in patient experience research, to understand and improve the patient experience through gathering and analyzing post-visit patient surveys.
“Riverside is focused on providing the best outcomes and patient experience possible, and NRC helps us with that through our patient surveys. The surveys are a vital communication tool where we can hear directly from the patient what works and what could be improved. It validates our efforts that NRC chose our hospital to receive this Excellence Award,” said John Peterman, Vice President and Administrator.
Team members at Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital are committed to providing each patient and their loved ones compassion and comfort during their hospital stay. Deb Brown, R.N. and Chief Nurse Executive leads the multi-disciplinary team. Inspired by patient feedback and team member input, a number of initiatives are in place today and more are on the horizon.
Some of the highlights include:
- Bedside shift change reporting so that the patient and family are included in decisions as the patient works toward discharge from the hospital.
- Pet therapy program for the patients, guests and staff.
- The Patient Family Advisory Council which meets monthly to provide feedback and creative ideas to enhance community and hospital engagement.
- Activity carts stocked with reading materials and puzzles for patients and visitors.
- Warm face cloths distributed to patients after lunch for relaxation and stress relief.
Helen Hrdy, Senior Vice President of Client Service at NRC Health congratulated Riverside Shore Memorial for showing “a genuine understanding for their patients, which is revealed in their extraordinary, compassionate care.”
Published: September 21, 2018