Newport News, VA - Coaches, athletic administrators, health care professionals, and all those who interact and train daily with athletes are invited to attend the Riverside Sports Medicine Symposium 2018 on Saturday, June 23 at the Christopher Newport University Freeman Center.
The free event takes place from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and will explore the latest trends and best practices across a variety of topics impacting today’s athletes participating in youth, high school, club and college sports.
Topics will include Concussion Recognition and Management, Hydration Management, and Mental Health and Wellness, among others, with presentations from the following featured speakers:
- Tom Dolan, Virginia High School League, Keynote Speaker
- John Barley, D.O., Riverside Sports Medicine, Primary Care Sports Medicine
- Scott Kling, M.D., Riverside Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgeon
- Ashlee Morse, ATC, Riverside Sports Medicine, Athletic Trainer
- Kristian Hill, ATC, Riverside Sports Medicine, Athletic Trainer
What: Riverside Sports Medicine Symposium 2018
Location: Christopher Newport University, Freeman Center
Date: Saturday, June 23, 2018
Time: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Cost: Free. Any donations given will go directly to support a Peninsula Sports Club Scholarship.
Registration: For more information and to register online, visit riversideonline.com/sportsclinic.
Published: May 15, 2018