Riverside Regional Opens New Labor & Delivery
Expectant mothers and their families will now have access to 12 newly renovated Labor and Delivery rooms, four ante-partum rooms (rooms for expectant moms who require hospital care prior to delivery), and three triage rooms. Research shows expectant mothers are looking for a highly personalized, family-centered birth experiences with amenities such as tub therapy, in-room private iPod plug-ins in a very spacious labor and delivery room. With this in mind, the unit was designed to include both features and latest technology to meet the changing needs and wants of consumers.
On May 11 th, the community and Riverside Team held a ribbon-cutting and tour of the unit to experience the family centered, spa-like features all with comprehensive woman and infant care delivered by the Peninsula region's most expert team of physicians and nurses.
- Ambient lighting
- Tub therapy / walk-in showers
- Birthing balls
- Hotel like Ante-partum rooms (refrigerator, TV &DVD player, private restroom with shower)
- Sleeping areas for guests to with recovering mom
- Flexible rooming-in
- Immediate skin-to-skin (natural/cesarean)
- Doula and mid-wife friendly
- Three certified Lactation consultants
- 24/7 specialists
- Highest skilled NICU on Peninsula if needed
- 1 5+ classes &programs for moms and families
Latest Technologies include:
- Wireless, waterproof fetal monitoring
- Motion sensor overhead delivery lights
- In-room, private iPod plug-ins
- Advanced baby care (with Panda ®Warmer)
- Touch screen HillRom call station for immediate access to NICU &Specialist
- D ual screens for all L&D rooms for condition monitoring
- Private triage rooms w/ televisions and restrooms
- Triage rooms have pneumatic tube shoots for faster access to lab and pharmacy
Riverside is also the Peninsula region's high-risk birth center with the only level 3B Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
For tours of our new unit, please call 757-875-7880.
Published: May 12, 2016