Senator Lynwood Lewis (holding framed resolution, on left) and Delegate Rob Bloxom (holding framed resolution, on right) presented a joint resolution of the Virginia Senate and House of Delegates to the Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital Auxiliary on the occasion of the 50th Hospital Ball.
(Nassawadox, VA) – Even before there was a hospital on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, there was a hospital Auxiliary. The visionary women who founded the Auxiliary in 1920 were instrumental in the fundraising for the very first hospital on the Shore. Since then, the Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital Auxiliary has tirelessly supported the local hospital and the patients who seek care there.
On Monday, May 11, Senator Lynwood Lewis and Delegate Rob Bloxom presented the Auxiliary with a framed copy of a Virginia Senate and House joint resolution commending the Auxiliary for their dedication to the community on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the Hospital Ball.
The resolution noted that the Auxiliary raises funds for construction and renovation, scholarships and education for the team members, and equipment purchases. They do so through very successful events such as the Hospital Ball, the Antique Show and the Festival of Lights as well as through purchases at the Althea Shelton Carousel Gift Shop just off the hospital lobby.
In the resolution, the General Assembly expressed its “admiration for the organization’s long tradition of support for the hospital and the Eastern Shore community.”
At the presentation ceremony on May 11, Jane Bulette, President of the Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital Auxiliary and a member of the hospital’s Board of Directors, commented on the dedication and energy of such a large group of talented volunteers.
Published: May 12, 2015