Medical Nutrition Therapy
Studies show that Medical Nutrition Therapy can result in fewer doctor visits, reduced reliance on prescription drugs and less time in the hospital.
Who may qualify:
- Anyone who wants to lose weight and be healthier. We can help you eat better without compromising taste.
- Diabetics. Control blood sugar and limit your risk for complications.
- People with kidney disease. Eat to slow progression of your condition.
- Patients recovering from heart disease. We’re an integral part of your healthcare team.
- Candidates for and those recovering from gastric bypass surgery. Learn to eat again.
- People with digestive problems. We’ll fine-tune your diet to help you avoid aggravating your condition.
- Women who are trying to get pregnant. Boost nutrients like folate, lowering the risk of birth defects.
- Moms who are breast-feeding. We can help make sure you get enough iron, vitamin D, fluoride and B vitamins.
- Parents of teens who are struggling with food issues. We can help with eating disorders such as anorexia and bulimia.
- Anyone who wants to gain weight. Do it the healthy way.
- People caring for aging parents. Learn about food and drug interactions, proper hydration and age-related taste-bud changes.
- Anyone who wants to eat smarter. Learn to sort through misinformation and read supermarket labels.
- Athletes who want to improve performance. We can help you set goals to achieve results.
Where to find us
The Medical Nutrition Therapy office is located in Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital. Call (757) 414-8312 for an appointment.
In many cases, Medicare or private insurance pays for Medical Nutrition Therapy.