Call your primary care doctor for an appointment, if you:
· Are wheezing or having difficulty breathing.
· Have a cough that doesn't go away after a few days
· You have dizzy spells.
· Are losing fluids and are dehydrated.
· Feel shaky and tired for an extended period of time
· Have a high fever
· Are in physical pain.
· Experience sudden weight gain or loss
- Have ongoing insomnia.
- Experience feelings of wanting to hurt yourself
Any symptom that continues for an extended amount of time should be checked by your doctor.
When to go to the emergency room
Go to a Riverside Emergency Room or call 911, if you or a family member is experiencing any of the following:
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Stroke symptoms
- Heart attack symptoms
- Bleeding that won't stop
- Possible poisoning
- Head injuries
- Coughing up or vomiting blood
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Loss of consciousness
What to bring to your first appointment
Although your physician have specific requests for what to bring to your first appointment, generally, you will be asked to bring:
· Insurance card
· List of medications
· List of symptoms
· List of questions
At your appointment
If instructions, words or anything your doctor says is unclear, please ask. We want you to feel comfortable about discussing all of your concerns. Our staff will listen and provide feedback while keeping your best interest in mind.