- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Stroke symptoms
- Heart attack symptoms
- Bleeding that won’t stop
- Possible poisoning
- Head injuries
- Coughing up or vomiting blood
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Loss of consciousness
If there is time and you are going to drive yourself to the emergency room, call your Riverside primary care provider first and the staff will arrange for you to be seen in the emergency room at Riverside Regional Medical Center within 30 minutes of your arrival.
Are wheezing or having difficulty breathing
Have a cough that doesn’t go away after a few days
You have dizzy spells
- Are losing fluids and are dehydrated
- Feel shaky and tired for an extended period of time
- Have a high fever
- Are in physical pain
- Experience sudden weight gain or loss
- Have ongoing insomnia
- Experience feelings of wanting to hurt yourself
In addition, you and your family should see your primary care provider regularly for wellness check ups and medical screenings based on your age.
Need advice? Call Ask-a-Nurse.