What to Expect at Our Rehabilitation Centers
At Riverside Rehabilitation Centers, each person’s recovery is unique. Our centers offer the only physiatrist-led program on the Peninsula, so you can be sure that your care is being coordinated by rehabilitation experts.
To develop an appropriate plan of care, the physiatrist and the therapists assess the following:
- Hip flexibility
- Functional limitations
Based on the assessment of your condition, overall health, and exercise history, our staff will develop an individualized plan that helps you become mobile and independent.
Before leaving the center, most patients will learn how to:
- Get in and out of bed by yourself.
- Walk using your walker or crutches.
- Get in and out of the shower by yourself.
- Get in and out of a chair.
- Manage steps at home.
- Get in and out of your car.
- Do daily tasks without injuring your new joint.We'll keep your personal physician informed of your progress.
Riverside Rehabilitation Centers are designed to allow you to recover in surroundings much like you would expect to find in a high-quality hotel.
- Our newly designed rooms offer TV, cable and phone service.
- Our centers are arranged so that short-term patients like you are in a separate unit from long-term patients.
- You will want to pack comfortable, loose-fitting clothing such as sweat suits, for your workouts.
- Family members are welcomed. They are encouraged to visit and assist in your rehabilitation program.