The Appointment with your Surgeon
- A list of your current medications
- Any and all x-rays, MRIs or other imaging films (including written report)
- Information about what treatments and medications have been tried in the past and medical records that you think may be helpful
- List of questions you want to ask your physician
- Insurance information and card
- Referral from your primary care physician, if applicable
- What operation are you recommending?
- Why do I need the operation?
- Are there alternatives to surgery?
- What are the benefits of having the operation?
- What are the risks of having the operation?
- What if I don't have this operation?
- Where can I get a second opinion?
- What is your training and experience to do this kind of surgery?
- Where will the operation be done?
- Will I have to stay overnight in the hospital?
- What kind of anesthesia will I need?
- How long will it take me to recover?
- Will I need special equipment or medical supplies during recovery?
- How much will the operation cost?
- Can you please mark the part of my body you will operate on?